Thursday, July 28, 2011

Minneapolis






So we left Detroit and it was super rad/scary. I've never seen a city like it before. Granted I haven't traveled a great deal, but still.

The next stop was Chesterton, IN to visit some family that I rarely get to see. We had a great time visiting and had some fun with Dave Hunt, my only cousin within my age range. Flannery's was our destination, which i recently learned holds some family history, and it was there that we met a couple other travelers on a similar journey.

Now we have arrived in Minneapolis. I didn't know what to expect from this city but we've been greeted with open arms. We are lucky enough to be staying in a beautiful condo over looking the mississippi river on the 16th floor. Very posh. Work has taken place on the river and in a studio. Progress has been made and we've still been fortunate enough to have a live modeling session, witness a belly dancing rehearsal and meet with various other artists. The city reminds me very much of my hometown, Portland, OR. Very green, bikes, mustaches, clean, coffee.

One of the artists we met with was Caitlin Karolczak. She showed us some great figurative painting and was a delight to talk to.

Painting will become more rigorous in the following days as we look towards an open studio on Saturday.

Later dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment